DSpace 7 REST Tutorial
The REST API will become the core interface for the future DSpace User Interface and any future applications that will be built on top of DSpace.
We look forward to sharing with the progress that has been made so far with the API and sharing with you the work yet to be done. We hope you leave the workshop with greater knowledge and comfort with the REST API. We also hope to inspire you to contribute your code, documentation, and testing skills to the development of the API.
- Learn the functionality that will be provided by the DSpace 7 REST API
- Learn how to discover and understand the endpoints that are available in the API
- Learn how to authenticate as a user of the DSpace REST API
- Learn how to invoke the endpoints of the DSpace REST API
- Learn the architecture and design principles of the REST API
- Learn how to code a new endpoint within the REST API
This will allow you to interact with a public instance of the DSpace REST API and to explore the available endpoints.
- A laptop with a browser (Chrome, Firefox, or Safari)
These recommendations will allow you to simulate an application that can interact with the REST api.
- A text editor such as Notepad++, Atom
Postman - this is a tool that makes it easy to construct and re-use REST API calls.